Friday, February 4, 2011

I Know This Means Something

For some reason, this week has dealt a lot with self reflection for me. In my Brit Lit class, we’ve started a new theme called Faith and Doubt. At first, I thought it would be the same as with the other themes we’ve done but as tacky as it sounds, it’s really led me to wonder a lot about things I believe in. The hardest homework assignment I’ve had this whole week was to make a drawing of something I have absolute faith. It wasn’t until then that I realized how much doubt and mistrust makes up today’s world. The drawing aspect was completely doable; finding something that I really truly do believe in was another. Some important person once said that in order to really have faith in something, you had to doubt it and overcome that doubt in order to have faith in it. Our belief that we are living in a physical world and not in just someone’s dream shows the faith that we live in a real, tangible world. I guess what I’m trying to say is that up until this week, I never realized how important it is to have faith, and not always necessarily have proof or evidence in order to truly believe in something. Having faith in the people you love, in yourself, in humanity, and in the world is something that means something. I know it does. 

1 comment: